Bus Options for getting to and from Marian College
- College coordinated Bus Services (6 direct buses in the morning and afternoon)
- DEECD sponsored Bus Services (2 direct buses)
- PTV Public Bus Services (1 direct bus service)
Given the large number of students requiring a service from the Derrimut area and the relative shortness of the service, this route (Bus 5) is being serviced by a PTV low floor street bus which does not have seating capacity for all of the nominated users. Four of the other contracted services use a combination of coaches and 24 seater coasters operated by Sita Coaches. One service (Bus 6) uses the Marian College owned 57 seater coach.
The College coordinated services currently have pick up/drop off points in the following areas (select the links for more information about stops and times for the morning and afternoon runs):
- Bus 1 : Werribee-Hoppers Crossing (Timetable, Map Morning & Afternoon)
- Bus 2 : Altona Meadows*-Seabrook*-Truganina (Timetable, Map Morning, Map Afternoon)
- Bus 3 : Hillside-Taylors Hill-Delahey-Caroline Springs-Ballarat Rd (Timetable, Map Morning & Afternoon)
- Bus 4 : Bacchus Marsh-Melton-Rockbank (Timetable, Map Morning, Map Afternoon)
- Bus 5: Deer Park-Derrimut (Timetable, Map Morning, Map Afternoon)
- Bus 6: Burnside-Caroline Springs Shopping Centre-Deer Park (Quinn Street) (Timetable, Map Morning, Map Afternoon)
1. Where these services have seat belts, these are required to be worn by the students.
2. Morning and afternoon times may need to be adjusted as the year progresses. We will advise of any subsequent changes.
3. Given the location of the College, families are not eligible to claim assistance in the payment of the transport charge from the Government's Conveyance Allowance Program.
4. At the end of each year, the routes, stops and timetables are reassessed based on confirmations of users received for services for the following year. The intention is to make as few changes as possible for the following year but the College reserves the right to make changes where deemed necessary for safety, operational efficiency or viability reasons.* The continuation of the service to Altona Meadows-Seabrook is dependent on numbers and its viability is reassessed every two years (it is currently guaranteed until the end of the 2021 school year).
Two Government funded services for the exclusive use of Marian College students are currently available. The College has no control over the operation of these services.
The two Government provided services are (select the links for stops and times):
Route 420 Sunshine Station-Watergardens Station (Direct Service)
A service links Marian College with Watergardens Station and Sunshine Station travelling along Glengala Road, Tilburn Road, Station Road & Kings Road in both directions.
This service has bus stops within 60m of the front gate of Marian College coming from either direction. Push this link for more information on the route, stops and times HERE.
Note: Students wishing to catch the 420 service heading in the direction of Watergardens Station (towards Fitzgerald Road) need to catch the bus on the opposite side of Glengala Road to that of Marian College. In the interest of safety, students are required to use the pedestrian lights in crossing Glengala Road to get to the bus stop.
Routes 427 & 428 (Indirect Services)
Two local Sunshine routes, 427 and 428, enable students to connect with the 420 service (access route maps and timetables through the following links):
Route 400 Laverton-Derrimut
This service operates between Laverton Station and Sunshine Station via Derrimut (refer to this link for more information about the route, stops and timetable).
Students could be dropped off at the Deer Park Railway Station/Tilburn Road Bus Stop and connect with the route 420 service to Marian College (and vice versa).
For example, a student living in the Derrimut area could catch the 400 service at Pembrooke Crescent/ Westminster Parkway, be dropped off at Deer Park Station/Tilburn Rd and catch the 420 service to the College (check PTV timetables for connection times).
Alternatively, a student could be dropped off opposite Ardeer Station in Tilburn Road and walk to the College (approximately a 10 minute walk).
The College is approximately a 10 minute walk from Ardeer Station. This station is serviced by the Ballarat and Geelong V/Line trains. The 420 Bus also connects with these train services either at Sunshine Station or Deer Park Station.